SBRHS Music Department In-School Performing Ensembles
- Students can participate in multiple in-school ensembles. However, all students are required to fully meet the expectations of each ensemble. The more ensembles that you participate in, the more responsibility to learn and master your music you will have. We recommend that incoming freshmen do not exceed 2 in-school ensembles, and upperclassmen do not exceed 3.
- Concert Band – Meets 3 times a cycle during the 1st Block on B, F, & G days
- Symphonic Wind Ensemble – Meets 3 times a cycle during the 1st Block on C, D, & H days
- Concert Choir – Meets 3 times a cycle during the 1st Block on B, F, & G days
- Chorale – Meets 3 times a cycle during the 1st Block on C, D & H days
- Orchestra – Meets 4 times a cycle during the 1st Block on C, D, G, & H days
- String Ensemble – Meets 2 times a cycle during the 1st Block on B & F days
BAND App. The SBRHS Music Department will continue to use the BAND app to disseminate all information quicker and more efficiently to you! Documents, calendars, weekly announcements, and up-to-date information will be available now in this one application rather than checking weekly emails or paper documents. The BAND App is completely free to use! You can download the BAND App on your iPhone, Android devise, or access it on your computer by going to band.us. I suggest that you set it up on a computer first and then download the app once you have an account established. The names of our BAND groups are listed above. Everyone should be part of the Friends of Music BAND app group as weekly announcements for the department will be posted there. The additional groups are ensemble specific groups set up by the ensemble directors: Below are the invite codes for each group:
BAND App Groups for Concert Band:
Friends of Music – invitation located at https://band.us/n/a4afXfj5lbO5s
2017 Somerset Public Schools Band Festival
March 16, 2017
Somerset Berkley Regional High School
625 County Street
Somerset, MA 02726
Elementary & Middle School Ensembles Rehearsals begin at 4:30 p.m.
High School Students should report at 5:15 p.m.
Concert Begins at 7:00 p.m.
Donations will be accepted at the Door:
(all proceeds go towards supporting the Somerset Public Schools Music Programs)
The following Somerset Public School Bands will be performing at the Festival:
Somerset Public Schools’ 5th Grade Combined Concert Band
Mrs. Christina Rausch, Director
Somerset Middle School 6th Grade Concert Band
Mrs. Christina Rausch, Director
Somerset Middle School 7th / 8th Grade Band
Mrs. Justine MacKechnie, Director
Somerset Berkley Regional High School Concert Band & Symphonic Wind Ensemble
Mr. David M. Marshall, Director
Be sure to check your SmartMusic accounts for quarterly assignments and/or tests!
Remember to review the TOP 5 MOST COMMON PERFORMANCE ERRORS SHEET before preparing for your test!!!
The SMARTMUSIC YOUTUBE Channel is a great reference!
Our school band program uses SmartMusic® to help students learn their concert music and develop essential instrumental performance skills. We highly recommend students purchase a SmartMusic home subscription as it will greatly assist their development.
SmartMusic is learning software for band, orchestra and choir students. SmartMusic includes assessment tools that help to measure the individual progress of every student. With SmartMusic, teachers can give an assignment as well as record, assess and archive the performance of every student who completes the assignment. As a result of using SmartMusic, music teachers collect powerful data that demonstrates student progress.
SmartMusic changes how music is learned, practiced and enjoyed. Rather than practicing alone, students practice with professional accompaniments. The software provides immediate feedback on their performance through the built-in assessment tools. Teachers using SmartMusic report that students have more fun practicing. As a result, students practice longer, more effectively and get better faster.
SmartMusic Impact is an effective, web-based grade book that makes it easy for teachers to manage, grade, and document assignments for all their students. Students can complete assignments at home or on school computers and the assignment data is automatically transferred to the teacher’s Impact Gradebook™. Students and parents are able to view grade information via the web by logging in with an e-mail address and password. Note that while an Internet connection is required to receive and submit assignments, SmartMusic handles the rest—neither a web browser nor an e-mail application is used.
SmartMusic is a subscription-based service available to band, orchestra, and choir students and assignments can be completed at home or school. Since teachers will be requiring students to complete SmartMusic assignments, a SmartMusic home subscription is a great tool for your student’s musical development.
Please visit the SMARTMUSIC YOUTUBE where you can view many different videos that explains SmartMusic and how it motivates and engages students, builds student confidence and enriches the student’s total music experience.
What is needed to use SmartMusic?
SmartMusic works on your PC or Macintosh (chromebooks, desktops, and laptops) and mobile devices (iPad only). It requires an Internet connection to activate your subscription as well as to receive and send assignments securely online. System requirements and support contacts are listed at www.smartmusic.com/support.
We’re confident that both you and your child will quickly appreciate how SmartMusic transforms practicing, motivates students and helps prepare great concerts!
Thank you for your support of your child’s personal musical growth and involvement in the Somerset Berkley Regional High School Concert Band and or Symphonic Wind Ensemble!
2016 – 2017 Somerset Berkley Regional High School Concert Band Officers
- President – William Medeiros
- Vice-President – Sophia Valiente
- Librarians – Jeffrey Silvia, Julie Beaulieu and Hannah Driscoll
2015 – 2016
- President – William Medeiros
- Vice-President – Kaleigh Patton
- Librarians – Jeffrey Silvia and Ian Taylor
2014 – 2015
- President – Connor Cardoso
- Vice-President – A.J. Martin
- Librarians – Sabrina Brush, Kaleigh Patton and Jeffrey Silvia
2013 – 2014
- President – Aaron Couto
- Vice-President – Elizabeth Furtado
- Librarians – Sabrina Brush, Alexa Pacheco and Kaleigh Patton
2012 – 2013
- President – Connor Fortier
- Vice-President – John Genga IV
- Librarians – Elizabeth Furtado, Cody Knight and Alexa Pacheco
2011 – 2012
- President – Kevin Goddu
- Vice-President – Ryan Viveiros
- Secretary – Zachary St. Ours
- Librarians – Brian Johnson, Andrew Conlon and Alexa Pacheco
2010 – 2011
- President – Logan Amaral
- Vice-President – Stephen Murphy
- Secretary – Alexandrea Carreiro
- Librarians – Brian Johnson, Andrew Conlon and Kayla Arruda
2009 – 2010
- President – Stephen Murphy
- Vice-President – Kevin Goddu
- Secretary – Christopher Crider-Plonka
- Librarians – Quentin Kroll and Brian Johnson
2008 – 2009
- President – Rachel Mays
- Vice-President – John Charest
- Secretary – Allison Ferreira
- Librarians – Emily Domingue and Quentin Kroll
2007 – 2008
- President – Nicholas Rose
- Vice-President – Matthew LaRose
- Secretary – Jocelyn Monteiro
- Librarians – Megan Oliveira and Nicole Skelly